What do national stakeholders think about differentiated integration?
To answer this question, in the framework of the InDivEU project the Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) and the Robert Schuman for Advanced Studies at EUI are organising in cooperation with the local TEPSA member institutes seven Stakeholder Forums in selected EU capitals in 2020-21. These participatory workshops aim to mobilise the insights of key stakeholders on the challenges and opportunities of differentiated integration.
In particular, the Stakeholder Forums will stimulate an exchange of views among national stakeholders as to the feasibility, the desirability and the sustainability of differentiated integration in the EU. To this end, they will gather a focused group of around 20 stakeholders from five different sectors: policy-makers and civil servants, businesses and interest groups, civil society organisations,academia and think tanks, and journalists.
The InDivEU Stakeholder Forums will gather stakeholders from the following EU countries:
- Estonia (in cooperation with the Estonian Foreign Policy Institute, TEPSA member institute)
- Finland (in cooperation with the Finnish Institute of International Affairs, TEPSA member institute)
- France (in cooperation with the Centre international de formation européenne, TEPSA associate member institute)
- Netherlands (in cooperation with the Netherlands Institute of International Relations ‘Clingendael’,TEPSA member institute)
- Poland (in cooperation with the University of Warsaw, InDivEU partner)
- Slovakia (in cooperation with the Institute of European Studies and International Relations at Comenius University, TEPSA member institute)
- Spain (in cooperation with Elcano Royal Institute, TEPSA member institute)
Due to the Covid-19 related restrictions currently in place and in order to safeguard the health of all participants, some workshops will take place in a virtual format.
The first Stakeholder Forum will take place in Poland on 19 October 2020. Participation in the workshops is only upon invitation.
- Stakeholder Forum I | Poland | 19 October
- Stakeholder Forum II | Slovakia | 29 October
- Stakeholder Forum III | Netherlands| 5 November
- Stakeholder Forum IV | Estonia | 25 November
- Differentiated Integration at a Glance, European Parliament
- White Paper on the Future of Europe, European Commission